2. But also, cats won’t automatically love you – you have to work at your relationship with your cat.
Cats need time to build trust; they are wary of new things and people. Let them into your heart.
3. You cannot train a cat, because a cat will just do whatever a cat wants.
You can suggest things nicely to your cat, but there’s pretty much a 50/50 chance that they’ll do what you want.
4. Cats are true wild animals that choose to live with us.
Outdoor cats could just leave home and a lot of them would probably do pretty well fending for themselves, but no. Because they love us, and cat food, and radiators, they stay.
5. But that is the beauty of cats: because when they choose to sit on you, you know it is their choice, and it is the greatest honour.
Cats could sit anywhere, but no, they choose you.
6. There is no greater feeling than when a cat lets you hold their precious lil’ hand.
They usually don’t like having their lil’ paws touched, but sometimes when they are super sleepy, they will let you touch them and it is the nicest.
7. Cats are independent beings with their own lives and plans.
Cats pretty much look after themselves. They have different spots they need to visit each day to inspect and nap in.
8. But sometimes they are like needy children and all they want is love from you.
Or sometimes they just want food at 5am???
9. Cats want to talk with us – they just can’t because their lil’ mouths don’t work that way.
Their choice of conversation topics do leave something to be desired, though.
10. Also, cats are hilarious.
I think it’s because they are inherently very serious creatures, but they do stupid things, and that is so, so, so funny.
11. Cats are obsessed with some weird things, like boxes.
There is nothing better than seeing your lil’ kitty’s face light up when you get a delivery in a box.
12. And they are always very interested when you try to change the sheets.
Why???? No one knows. But it’s adorable.
13. They also go absolutely crazy for laser pointers.
Which means you can now play with your cat without getting off the sofa.
14. Also, every cat has that one weird thing they go crazy for that other cats are chill about, like cake.
15. For others, it’s more bottle caps.
16. Or fridges.
17. Just like you, cats love to sit on the sofa and watch TV.
18. Cats also really like to sleep.
They can sleep up to 20 hours a day, which means you can stroke them for 20 hours a day if you’d like.
19. They’re just super chill and also have the ability to sleep absolutely anywhere.
20. But also cats can see ghosts.
Or that’s the most sensible explanation for why they seem to decide to suddenly break from their chill persona and run around the house at 3am.
21. They are the softest things in the world.
However much you tell yourself that cats are really soft, every time you stroke one you will be surprised by just how soft they really are.
22. Sure, cats are sometimes absolute dicks.
23. And they can be a little hard to understand at times.
24. And sometimes they just bite you for no reason.
Wouldn’t recommend poking your toes out the end of the covers if you have a cat.
25. But that just makes it all the more special when they shower you with affection.
Even if sometimes their form of affection is actually kneading you with their claws out.
26. Because cats don’t look up to us: They see us as their equal.
Or maybe their slave?