After reading Identifying Your Spirit Animal , you may have found your unique Spirit Animal. Follow our series as we run through some of the more popular ones. When you uncover yours, you may find out some very powerful insights which reflect your personality, skills or situations.
Spirit Animals may provide guidance on:
- Aspects of yourself which may already be strongly developed or need more exploration.
- Situations or environmental factors which may have a strong emotional impact on your daily life.
- Life directions which you may consider reflecting on.
Symbolism of the bear
- The primary meaning of the bear spirit animal is strength and confidence
- Standing against adversity; taking action and leadership
- The spirit of the bear indicates it’s time for healing or using healing abilities to help self or others
- The bear medicine emphasizes the importance of solitude, quiet time, rest
- The spirit of the bear provides strong grounding forces
The Bear’s characteristics
Strong and supportive in trying times, the bear provides courage and stability when facing challenges. When the bear shows up, it may be a chance to reflect on your beliefs and truths. Strong and powerful, the bear guides you to take leadership in your life, even other’s around you. The bear is feared and admired, symbolizing power.
When one invokes the bear totem, it may be considered an opportunity to reflect on your inner strength, fearlessness and confidence in yourself, allowing you to confidently project them on the world.
Associated with ancient shamans, the bear symbolizes healing abilities and pushes you to step into a leadership role as a healer. It may be time for you to take care of your own needs too, whether physical, emotional or on a spiritual level. It’s time to be sensitive and open to the bear to help you to better direct your energy in a more focused, conservative way.
Solitary by nature, you may be receiving a message to encourage you to find a more balanced and comfortable position. Set boundaries in order to feel better in your own space. You may feel like you need to withdraw from the crowd and rest.
Use this time to direct your energy towards a more introspective practice, meditation may even help. You are guaranteed to find grounding and feel more centered.